Getting pregnancy symptoms with heart burn and diarrhea. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of pregnant?

Hi, I feel very much like I could be pregnant but I took a urine test at my doctors and it came back negative. My last period, which was about a week ago was very irregular and the first time I have experienced this. My period usually last about 3 days and this time I bled very little for one day, had some brown substance the following day (on and off) and then that was it. I have been very emotional and moody, fatigue, mild cramping, bloated feeling, frequent urination and headaches. My eating habits have changed as well. I will be hungry and start eating something and then randomly not want it anymore although I am still hungry. I have also had periods of heart burn and diarrhea (which I normally never experience). My lower back and breast has also been sore as well. Is it possible that I may still be pregnant even with a negative urine test??
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
The urine tests are 97% accurate. The symptoms that you are having may be related to gastritis, mood changes, stress, etc.
The comparatively light period that you had is likely to be related to mild hormonal changes. Not all these with a negative urine test are suggestive of pregnancy.
Still to relieve your anxiety, you can get your serum HCG levels evaluated, which is a more specific test for pregnancy diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.