Getting pregnancy symptoms. Have positive urine test and negative blood test. What's going on?

General Surgeon
I had a positive urine test but negative blood and i feel pregnant and have all symptoms
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Both urine test and blood test can be false positive or false negative. Especially when performed in early pregnancy. The best sensitivity has urine or blood pregnancy test performed in laboratory. I suggest you to have urine or blood test repeated in laboratory in a week or so. If positive, you should get scheduled for gyneacologist consult.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.