Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting pink drop in urination. On Pravastatin, and Ziac. Any infection?

General Surgeon
I had an episode of pink drips at the end of stream, no pain, no neat blood. It did not repeat. I am 62 male. I am on a full asperin per day. Pravastatin, and Ziac. What is the probablility that this a serious problem. No recent sexual contact.
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptom can be a sign of urinary tract infection, urinary tract stones or even bladder tumor. As you do smoke and are in the age around 70, this makes urinary bladder tumor more possible. It can give no other symptoms for a very long time. It can also give non specific symptoms similar to urinary tract infection like frequent urinating, burning when urinating.
It is advisable for you to have urine analysis, full blood work and abdominal ultrasound with urinary bladder checkup performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.