Getting pimples on scalp. Suggest how to get rid of this problem?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
HI, iam getting pimples on my scalp, pls suggest how i can get rid of this...
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use oral and topical antibiotic with doctor advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Pimples on scalp are usually due to bacterial infection of skin which may present like pustules.

These pustules require antibiotics both oral and local antibiotic cream such as mupirocin application.

Another possibility is mixed infections with fungal and bacterial infections in which local application both anti fungal and antibacterial creams are required.

Clinical examination by dermatologist is required to know the type of pimples and to prescribe specific medication directing towards treating pimples.

Therefore I suggest you to consult the dermatologist for clinical examination and for treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Getting pimples on scalp. Suggest how to get rid of this problem? 59 minutes later
Pls suggest if any diet precaution to be taken

Brief Answer:
No specific diet advice for pimples on scalp.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

There is no specific diet precautions or advice for this condition.

But in general take diet consisting more vegetables, leafy vegetables, fruits in addition to your regular diet.

Avoid oily and fried foods.

Take regular head bathing and keep scalp dry to maintain hygiene of hair. And take precautions against exposure to pollution and dust.

Regards.