Getting pimples on my face. Is it any kind of hormonal change?

I am getting pimples on my face these days.It is like one goes and the other comes.I have never faces this problem before. But this time it is more than a month. I am drinking lots of water too.Is it any kind of harmonal change?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

There can be a lot of reasons for pimples. It can be either hormonal disturbances or a wrong selection of soap, moisturizer, oily face, dust, etc. Pimples if not treated can lead to scars or black spots.

First of all it is worthwhile to try over the counter medicines for pimples. If that does not work then topical and oral antibiotics can be prescribed. Retinoids have also shown good results, but need to be taken with precaution. If these do not work, then investigations to rule out hormonal imbalances and other causes can be done.

For pimple marks you can go for chemical peels with glycolic acid or salicylic acid. This would gradually reduce your marks.

All this requires a proper consultation by a dermatologist.

Hope I addressed your concerns.

Dr Vaishalee Punj