Getting periods again, had stopped only a few days back. What could be wrong?

I am 43 years old 5'7 and weigh 159. I had my period last week and now I am starting it again 3 days after I stopped. Can you help me figure out why.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The post menstrual bleeding you had could be due to improper shedding of the uterine endometrium during your regular period last week.

This irregular shedding is a consequence of hormonal imbalance which is commonly encountered in women of your age.

There would be no need for any investigation as this a common entity and need no treatment unless this happens frequently. Usually the hormonal imbalance will subside on its own without any intervention.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.