Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting penis pain while inserting into vagina. What could be causing this?

Question
I am 24 years old. I tried to have sex with my partner for the 1st time last night but was unable to insert my penis inside her vagina. I had decent erection while foreplay but while inserting as soon as tip of my penis touched her vagina it started hurting me. And as a result I started loosing my erection and couldn't enter her. It is 1st time for her as well. I think the tip of my penis which is exposed when i have erection is too sensitive. Is this the reason? Please help me.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Pain on inserting penis could probably be due to structural deformities in the foreskin like phimosis or adhesions. Such deformities may not present with any symptom otherwise, they cause pain or bleeding when any sort of friction is involved.

I suggest you to visit a urologist who can examine and find out the exact cause for the pain in the penis.

Meanwhile you can try intercourse using a lubricant gel like K Y jelly. This will reduce the pain and allow easy insertion.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Getting penis pain while inserting into vagina. What could be causing this? 19 hours later
Thanks a lot for your advice doctor.

I am finding it difficult to buy K Y Jelly as I tried looking for it today at few Apollo Pharmacy shops but neither of them had it. Can you please suggest me a place where I can buy it from? I live in Hyderabad.

Can Johnson's Baby oil be used as an alternative for K Y Jelly?

Also, I wanted to share with you that I guess I am also suffering from premature ejaculation as it happened once that I was a lot aroused by my partner and without even entering her I ejaculated. Please tell me what to do doctor? How can I improve my performance? It is really bothering me now.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can buy the KY jelly online. You can also use your own saliva as a lubricant. Do not use baby oils as they lubricate less and may cause infections too.

Premature ejaculation is usually seen in young adults when they are new to intercourse. There is no need to worry, do perform pelvic floor muscle exercises like Kegel exercises. The Kegel exercises help to control and postpone the ejaculation.

Do follow the below link to learn the steps involved in Kegel exercises.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.