Getting painful lumps on buttocks. Feels like solid ball under skin. How to get cured?

For several years I have been getting lumps on my buttocks. Always just one at a time, on different cheeks, different spots, never near the cleavage, only on the mid to low cheeks. The lumps are painful to the touch and vary in size. They feel like a solid ball under the skin, with a tiny indent in the middle. I've never been brave enough to pop one, although once or twice they have popped by themselves. I've been told by partners that they are just boils and I should XXXXXX and drain them. However, I just wait them out and they seem to just go away after a while. Then one day, I'll notice another one. They start out red then tend to go dark purple/grey. I've just tried to put up with it for a long time but they seem to be getting bigger over time. I'm a mother, 38, never suffered from ill-health, have no weight issues, play no sport, have had no injury and take no medications.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 52 minutes later

They are most probably boils/ furuncles caused by bacterial infection.
Kindly check your sugar levels.
Preventive methods are....
1. keep the area clean and dry.
2. Try ablution rather than using tissue papers.
3. Apply talcum powders at bed time to keep the area dry.
4. Get sugar levels under control if diabetic.
Treatment is antibiotics and drainage if necessary.
Old depot vera shots are unlikely to be the cause.

Follow-up: Getting painful lumps on buttocks. Feels like solid ball under skin. How to get cured? 1 hour later
Should have known better at my age. I'm dirty and need drug companies to get over it huh? Probably a lifetimes worth, huh? Oh well, at least you got paid, huh?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome back.
I am here to give medical advice accepted by the medical fraternity and on scientific basis.
If you are not happy, there is no need to pay,
Thanks and Wishing you good health.