Getting painful constipation and thick anal discharge. Colonoscopy showed normal? How to get cured?

For years I've used toilet paper as a back-up mechanism. I'm normally constipated with periods of sudden dirreah. The dirreah may be either after a BM that smells like chemicals. While this part doesn't happen as often, I have major cramps during the process. In addition, I've noticed either a thick anal discharge or a watery discharge from my anas whether just in going to the bathroom or passing gas..

Last Nov. I had a colonoscopy that was normal, and the dr. did not find any hemmroids or anal fissues. While the toilet paper method works pretty well, it is a bit old. However, the idea of ruining my clothes does not appeal either. Any suggestions as to what I can alter that could stop this problem?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. I suggest you take an extended course of pro biotics like sporolac for 15 days and also seek attention from a gastroenterologist for IV antibiotics for 5 days. If the symptoms still persist then loperamide is the drug of choice in your case to stop the diarrhea but it does have side effects like bloating of the stomach and belching.

I hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to clarify any doubts that you have

I wish you good health