Getting pain under rib and have gastric problem. CT scan normal. What treatment should be done?

I've been having pain under my left rib/side mostly, it moves around to center and right at times. I went to Doc on Weds. and had a CT scan which came back normal. I'm waiting for the results of my blood tests which now I'm being told won't be back until next week. My BM's are normal, daily, except more loose, not diarrhea. Some nights after eating my stomach makes an aweful lot of noise but I still have my usual appetite. I do burp a lot after eating or drinking (been drinking mostly water all week). When doc pressed on my stomach it was sore. I'm 46, normals men. cycles for the most part. Being treating by a Phys. Asst right now.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 31 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The description you have provided seems more due to gastric problem rather anything else. Burping is a sign of reflux often caused after eating. the problem occurs due to use junk or fatty foods. As you are in forties there are also chances of cholecystitis which also have similar features however the more possibility is of the gastric acid peptic disease

The treatment option includes diet modification like avoiding use of fatty and junk foods and increased used of fiber diets along with fresh fruit juices but avoid orange juice and alcohal.

Drug therapy includes on the counter available drugs like Ranitidine and omeprazole along with antacids.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask