Getting pain under lower rib cage while standing or walking, sore to touch. What is going on?

hi i was laying on my bed and when i sat up or move or walk around i have bad pain under my right hand lower rib cage,when i press on it it is very sore to the touch,kinda a bruised feeling but at this time no showing of an outside bruise?
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I have gone through the query and the medical history.

I feel that this condition is non worrisome at this stage. Any pain that is described to be sore on the rib cage is thought to be costochondritis by the physicians. It needs simple analgesics like Motrin / Advil 400mg for quick relief, if you are not allergic to Ibuprufen. You should be cautious using these medicines if you have peptic ulcer disease or asthmatic.

With a history of fibromyalgia this can be sore point of the many hot spots that you have. I suggest to XXXXXXX the treating doctor if fibromyalgia is uncontrolled.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about your problem. I will be happy to address further.