Getting pain, stiffness and weakness in both hands. Easy way to get relief?

Every now and then but more often than not lately I am getting weakness, stiff and slightly aching in both my hands? It doesnt seem to be anywhere else lately that I can notice, I also have twitches at night when I rest that I am noticing lately.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 1 hour later

Each of the 3 medications for your heart condition and Graves' disease can cause side effects like weakness stiffness and muscle aches and arthritis-type symptoms.

Night twitches when resting could suggest restless leg syndrome and these are usually not related but possibly could be due to drugs as well. Please discussed with the heart surgeon.

You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen for your joint pain before you go to bed to help you sleep. Hopefully years after surgery, you will not need to be on so many medications and they can adjust to different medication dosing or classes to decrease the side effect profile.

I hope this helps.
Follow-up: Getting pain, stiffness and weakness in both hands. Easy way to get relief? 3 hours later
The weakness and stiffness and aches in my hands all started years before diagnosed with heart condition or graves but is just progressively getting worse?
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 3 minutes later

Then not related, of course and might be developing rheumatoid arthritis at your age, which happens in 40-year-old females. You need to get checked by a specialist specializing in arthritis to diagnose this. He will be able to examine you and prescribe appropriate investigations to diagnose it.

Let me know if I can help you further.