Getting pain in throat and tongue. Looking for relief

I opened my mouth wide to look at throat and I got a pain under my left side of tongue
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
It seems that wide opening of mouth has resulted in pain in temporomandibular joint ( TMJ ) due to over stretching.
it is a joint on each side of your head in front of your ears,where your lower jawbone meets with upper jaw.
 The TMJ is used throughout the day to move the jaw, especially in biting and chewing, talking, and yawning. It is one of the most frequently used joints of the body.
.Just rest your jaw,take some anti inflammatory medicine like ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day for 3 to 5 days,eat soft foods and don't open your mouth wide.
You should be all right soon.
If however your pain persists or increases,consult your doctor.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck