Getting pain in testicle after vasectomy. How to get relief?

one week after vasectomy real pain in testicle up to groin. Is there anything I can do to treat it other then bedrest ,ice and advil? I am away from the doctor and cant get back to him until Wednesday
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The pain you are having in the testicle is likely to be due to an infection or an inflammation- orchitis. Usually the pain is taken care of with mild pain killers and ice. Antibiotics may be needed if there is a local swelling or the pain is persistent.
Wear a tight fitting innerwear to reduce the pain.
Refrain from sex until your infection is resolved.
You need to observe good hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.