Getting pain in shoulder. Had fallen and got pain on shoulder and ankles. Related?

My mother is getting pain in left shoulder.
She will have severe pain in morning, but will subside as day progress.
This is observed for last one month, I just came to know about this.

Little background.

My mother fell down from stairs two months back. She got pain on left shoulder and right ankle, which was cured with medication.

Not sure whether this is related.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
She might be developing Rheumatoud arthritis

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Orthopedics, working with an experienced Rheumatologist. I answer on his behalf.

Early morning stiffness in joints specially ones which had injury in past is a sign of developing Rheumatoid arthritis.

I suggest you to get a test named RA factor which determines the development of Rheumatoid arthritis. If the test result is normal then there is no need to worry. A simple pain killer gel like Diclofenac would suffice.

Follow-up: Getting pain in shoulder. Had fallen and got pain on shoulder and ankles. Related? 5 hours later

I will get the tests done.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using this service.