Getting pain in lower abdomen, penis and testicle. How to treat this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am getting pain near my balls like something is poking it like and even getting pain just below my abdomen near to my penis and even near my back of abdomen. I do frequently masturbrate for about past 7-8 years. What should i do now? Is it harmful?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed infection of the testicle (Orchitis).

This is not related to frequent masturbation that you are doing from several years
.
I shall be happy if you post few more details to help me to make any comment on your problem.
1) Did you have UTI very recently?
2) Did you have unprotected sex?

Please get following basic tests done to come to conclusion
1) Routine Urine test
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and Scrotum.
3) Haemogram

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get these done with his advice, if he thinks these tests to be appropriate and necessary.

Please do not worry this can be cured by taking antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medication for a week.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Getting pain in lower abdomen, penis and testicle. How to treat this? 10 days later
Hi had went to the doctor and checked up with doppler test and one more test and he found out that there is an infection in my right testicle. He has written in the paper epididymitis caused by entric organisms. He has prescribed Levofloxacin.

Is this curable?
How long will it take to cure?
Will it come back in near future?
Will it impact me in near future. I mean can i get married?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You have been diagnosed to have epididymitis and prescribed Livofloxacin which is sufficient to cure this infection.

Do nor worry it will get cured in 3weeks times.

It is difficult to predict about it recurring again.

You can certainly get married ,it will not affect your sexual life.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Getting pain in lower abdomen, penis and testicle. How to treat this? 3 days later

As per by the doctor i am using my medicines but the pain did not go and it is like poking my balls and some times i got pain near abdomen as well. I have said the same to the doctor. He said that we will stop using this medicine as i have checked the reports that are previously done. This is enough and said me to take pill Ultracet. How can i know that the ball size is increased? I am unable to judge and as spoken by you it takes three weeks but doctor said to stop the dose even i have pain? What might be reason? He said me to use ultracet which is pain killer for 5 days 2 in a day.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for writing again.
You have to continue taking anti inflammatory drug Ultrcet prescribed by your docoras lon as you have pain .
Orchitis takes minimum 1 month to recover completely.and can be confirmed only by Ultrasound Scanning.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Getting pain in lower abdomen, penis and testicle. How to treat this? 4 hours later

I had done doppler test and abdomen and pelvis tes. By the way can i know about ultrasound scanning... Can i ask my doctor regarding that.. If it is not done. Is it difficult to distinguish between epididymitis and orchitis or what?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing again.
It is not difficult to differentiate between Epididymitis and Orchitis on ultrasound scanning.
Colour Doppler reveals any vascular abnormality of the Testicles whereas Ultrasound scanning reveals any pathology in the testis and Epididymis
You can ask your Dr to recommend for Ultrasound scanning..
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.