Getting pain in left leg side and left stomach. What could be the reason?

painsi have been getting pains in my left and right side of the bottom of my stomach mainly on the the left, when i move, sit down, stand up, cough sneeze XXXXXXX turn round in bed! it make me crease when i get the pain and makes me cry out loud what do you think this is and also if i dont move a get a pulsing pain in my left side
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

It seems like you are in acute pain, going by the nature of your symptoms.

Is your pain on the upper abdomen or lower abdomen? You say it is more on the left side. Left sided upper abdominal pain is most commonly due to acute gastritis. This can be treated easily with an antacid like Omeprazole.

If it is in the left lower abdomen then it could be due to colitis, salpingitis (in females).

I am sorry, you have not mentioned your age and gender. Please do mention them. Also, I would like to know if this is the first time you are experiencing this symptom or if it is present for some time now.

Please write a bit more about your concern.

However, going by your present query it seems like an acute problem, which may want you to go to the Emergency room at the earliest.

I am awaiting your response to help you quicker.

Follow-up: Getting pain in left leg side and left stomach. What could be the reason? 5 hours later
I am 22 years old and female and its like a pulling pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later

Thanks for reverting with the details.

Acute pain abdomen in a young woman in reproductive age group as you should not be neglected.

You will benefit maximum by getting an ultrasound scan of the abdomen at the earliest to find out the cause of your pain. In my interpretation, it mostly is Appendicitis or salpigitis.

Please fix an appointment at the doctor's office at the earliest and get evaluated.

My concern is that you get better soon and that we do not create complications from the existing condition.

I hope you agree with me. Get well soon.

Follow-up: Getting pain in left leg side and left stomach. What could be the reason? 1 minute later
I have had it several months and its in the lower of my stomach
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

Thanks for the further inputs.

Lower abdominal pain in the suprapubic region can also be due to Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases (PID).

Please get an ultrasound done as I said in my earlier reply. Additionally, get an urine routine test done.