Getting pain in groin area when sleep. Have enlarged prostate and kidney stone. Cause and cure?

Infertility Specialist
Question
pain started in left groin area when sleep. i have enlarged prostate 39cc since last 3 years and a 3mm kidney stone in left kidney
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your query and I understand your concerns. The pain maybe due to small kidney stones travelling down from kidney through ureter. You said to have 3 mm stone. There will be more smaller stones which are difficult to be diagnosed by ultrasound. Hence, the pain will be during passing of these stones down the bladder from kidney through ureter. I suggest you get prescription for antispasmodic medicines from your doctor which will reduce the pain from this.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Getting pain in groin area when sleep. Have enlarged prostate and kidney stone. Cause and cure? 3 hours later
you pls prescribe antispasmodic medicines to me i have sulphar allergy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 42 minutes later

Glad to see your reply.

I wish I could prescribe the antispasmodic medicines. Unfortunately, it is not allowed on any e-medicine portal to prescribe medicines. That is because it very unethical to prescribe medication without examining you and confirming the diagnosis.

These are simple medicines easily available. Please see any good health.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Getting pain in groin area when sleep. Have enlarged prostate and kidney stone. Cause and cure? 1 hour later
Dr. you are going very safely but if you add some additional recommondations it may be real help in e-consultation

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

As a policy of forum I cannot write prescription. There is antispasmodic medication called tablet buscopan which can be taken after prescription.

Your renal colic (pain) will be relieved if you consume the tablet during pain.

Let me know what additional information you wish to have which I can elaborate upon.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol