Getting pain in elbow. Facing difficulty in folding or stretching arm. Should I consult a orthopaedic?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi. I am 27 years old suffering from pain in the elbow and also whole of the right arm. The pain is severe when I do all the house old work like sweeping, mobbing, washing clothes and utensils etc. After work I find difficulty in folding or stretching my arm. Please help. Should I consult a orthopedic? Is it due to stress?
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 38 minutes later

Pain in elbow and arm seems to be due to muscle spasm. It could also be due to stress.
Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful to relieve the pain and spasm. You can also take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce the pain and inflammation.

Be relax and do not take stress. If the pain persists, I suggest you to get it evaluated by an orthopaedic for detailed clinical examination.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Hope this will help you
Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.