Getting pain in chest when I drink alcohol. What is the reason?

Why is it that sometimes when I drink alcohol,I get a pain in my chest and back?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gastric reflex disease. Better Quit Alcohol Intake Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is one of the most frequent problem of alcohol intake - Gastroesophageal reflux disease or Heart burn or Reflex disease. Thus my advise is to reduce your alcohol intake. As you already have Thoracic aneurysm, it is better to quit alcohol. In addition please take proton pump inhibitors like pantaprozole for a week or 2 weeks. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health. Regards, Dr.Manjeth XXXXXXX