Getting pain from under arm while bending due to lumps. Should I be worried?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have been getting pain from under my arm when I bend down. Kept feeling for lumps noticed last night a dint the size of thumb imprint under my armpit. I am worried
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:

First, please relax. The lumps you noticed might be related to cyst or infection.

I suggest to do an ultrasound and X-ray of the breast and chest for further evaluation.

Talk to the doctor (oncologist) who treated your past breast cyst as you might need oral treatment (antibiotic) or surgery. Anti-inflammatory drugs are recommended for the pain.

Hope it answered to your question!

Dr.Klerida

p.s do not hesitate to write back to me if you have other concern.

Follow-up: Getting pain from under arm while bending due to lumps. Should I be worried? 12 minutes later
Already had a mammogram in July and a few weeks ago had mot at doctors had bloods taken blood pressure etc. Having an op next Monday from plastic surgeon. Got a spot on lower leg had it since July won't heal up had week of very strong anti biotics. Worried if it is breast cancer, would cutting spot out affect me.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

If the mammogram you had in July did not show any sign of breast cancer, there is nothing you should worry about.

With regards to the effect of cutting spot in you, it is related to infection. However, as you are saying, you are already taking antibiotics, which can also help resolving the lumps under your armpit.

Please follow your doctor's advise and take the prescribed drugs regularly and do regular check-ups as scheduled.

Wish you health!

Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Getting pain from under arm while bending due to lumps. Should I be worried? 6 minutes later
Do not have any lumps under my armpit. I have a dint that I can put my thumb into. No lumps.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good to hear you have no lumps, the rest is normal

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your details in.

The dint you noticed might be related to the retraction of the muscles which are being attached to the bones forming the armpit. This is particularly true when you bend down, put your arms bended at the armpit and notice this dint.

Again, as long as mammogram showed no sign of cancer, do not worry too much. Enjoy life!

Wish you health!

Dr.Klerida