Getting pain around scrotum and feet after exercise. How to get relief?

Hi, when i excercise for more than 10 minutes i get aching pains around my the ball and sides of my feet which gets worse and to the point where i have to stop, it fades soon after i stop, and sometimes in the arch and toes as well, ive cycyled through many types of footwear but nothings change, and its seriously stopping me from playing sport, ive had it for a few years now but it seems to be getting worse, also, im not flat footed my feet do have archs.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Pain in the foot may be due to many different diseases or injuries.Some of the most common cause of pain in the feet are: (1) sprain which occur when the ligaments are overstretched
(2) fracture- repeated trauma or stress to a particular area can sometimes cause small fractures called stress fractures
(3)inflammation of the tendons-tendonitis
(4)metarsalgia -this is most likely the cause of the pain that you are experiencing.this is pain and irritation of the joints in the ball of the foot which is brought on by strenuous activity.It is associated with high impact sports, poorly fittin shoes, it is also more common in persons with increased weight.It is treated by rest (you will need to restrict your exercise for at least 10 days to 2 weeks, use of ice pack for 10 to 30 mins, compression bandage and elevation if any swelling is present, pain medication usually of the anti-inflammatory class and use of inserts to decrease the pressure on the ball of the foot
(5)mortons neuroma-thickening of the tissues surrounding a nerve between the toes, it can cause numbness over the ball of the foot and pain .Treatment involves shoe inserts to relieve the pressure on the nerve, pain killers, some persons need steroid injections
(6)plantar fasciitis- this is inflammation of the plantar fascia which runs under the foot, it usually , however, is associated with heal pain

You can consider, if possible , visiting your GP who will be able to examine you to more accurately pinpoint the cause of your pain.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions