Getting pain and pressure in back of neck. Took asprin for headache. Is it safe to take claritin?

I was sick a few days ago with what I believe to be a cold. Now i'm all better but out of nowhere, I get this pain and pressure in the back of my neck, nearest to my head and ears. I have no problem working out, walking, or anything else, but it worsens when I bend over. I have taken asprin to relieve the headache but come back in a few hours. Will Claritin help the pressure and ache I have in my neck?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Claritin is an anti allergic and is not likely to help in decreasing the pain and discomfort at the back of your neck.
It is likely to be due to a muscle sprain or cervical spondylosis or a post infection headache. You need to take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen round the clock along with a muscle relaxants. Avoiding using a pillow and a hot fomentation in the area will be helpful.
Avoid temperature extremes. Drink plenty of fluids and consume plenty of fruits and vegetables.

If the symptoms do not improve or you have worsening of headache, review with your doctor for careful examination and to obtain more specific prescription medication.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.