Getting migraine headaches with indigestion and heartburn. What am I suffering from?

I get migraine headaches about once a month or once every two months, and often they seem to be accompanied by or immediately followed by symptoms of indigestion- heartburn or burping and upset stomach. Is this atypical for migrianes? My other symptoms are much more common for migraine- severe unilateral pain, photosensitivity, phonosensitivity, and nausea. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome at age 16 and have bouts of joint pain and fatigue but work full time and am otherwise healthy. No history of depression or anxiety. Rare single alcoholic beverage, no smoking, no prescription medications. Aleve x2 for headache once a month or less.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The migraine with fixed symptoms like photophobia lacrimation unilateral headache is classical of migraine, similarly retching, nausea, heartburn is also fairly common content of symptoms of migraine.
You are having an acceptable low frequency of migraine and should receive as required treatment rather than prophylaxis with regular treatment.
Aleve is naproxen and is a good drug to manage episodes of migraine you can continue it.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!