Ask a Dentist   »  

Getting liquid filled blister on gum, gets sore and sensative. Taking antibiotic. Should I go for root canal cleanup?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
I occasionally get a liquid filled blister on my gum below a molar that gets sore and sensitive. The blister pops on its own and the soreness goes away immediately. This tooth had a root canal 6 years ago and I am religious about dental hygiene - teeth cleaned every 3 months, floss every day, etc. An X-ray showed very slight irritation between the tooth and gum at the root. Am taking antibiotics but am not sure that is what cured it as it has happened before and it has gone away without antibiotics. My dentist wanted to do a root canal cleanup and I resisted. What do you think?
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 10 hours later
Thank you for the query.
The signs and symptoms which you have explained are clear indication of re-infected root canal. Since such episodes have occurred earlier also it is better to get the re-root canal treatment done.

Hope this clarifies your query, if have anything to be asked relating to this you are most welcome. Otherwise kindly accept the answer.