Getting joints pain and muscle pull. Pills or lotion to cure ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
In the past 2 months I have been getting joints pain and also I get muscle pull also, Can you suggest Pills or lotion that can cure the same.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Joint pains at your age are most likely to be due to osteoarthritis or a post viral infection.
The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
Right now you can start taking Tablet Tylenol ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days.
Hot fomentation of the affected area is usually helpful in relieving the pain. You can also apply a local analgesic gel for temporary relief.
Proper diagnosis and investigations like X-ray of the affected joints will be helpful in providing specific management.
I encourage you to consult your orthopedician for stronger prescription medicines if these over the counter drugs are not helpful.
I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.