Getting itching on face and sides of chin after sweating. Noticed patches. Suggest medications?

hello Sir, i am getting itching on my face especially on sides of chin after sweating, occurence is sure during train journey back home from office on evening. some patches are also have started appearing on face where itching sensation is more. Kindly advise
any ointment to apply on face
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 30 minutes later

It seems that you are having irritant contact dermatitis. I would like to view the affected areas before I confirm the possibility. If you have good quality pictures of the patches, upload it using the site's uploader.

In the meantime, if you get similar symptoms you can try antihistamines like levocetirizine or desloratidine under your doctors guidance. Severe cases will need steroid therapy. Alternatively apply mild steroid cream like mometasone cream twice a day.

Keep the face covered during travelling; avoid sun rays exposure.; avoid soap application on face; avoid stress and avoid cosmetics and deodorants.

I think, you might have good result.

If you need clarifications, feel free to write back.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD