Getting irregular and delayed period. Pregnancy test negative. Could I be pregnant?

Mar 2016

I missed my period for four months, then it came on for about a week , then it came on again for three days now I feel movement in my stomach am I pregnant?
I've taken multiple pregnant test they all have said no I dont understand
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.I have gone through your history in detail.

Your clinical presentation does not suggest that you are pregnant but possibly you are suffering from irregular delayed period,called oligomenorrhoea. Though you need to exclude pregnancy (not likely) by any of the following.
1) A blood test for Beta-HCG 2)Ultrasound scan for pelvis to rule out intrauterine pregnancy.

Reasons for oligomenorrhoea include ovarian cyst or PCOD (most common), stress/ anxiety, hormonal imbalance, irregular eating habit,thyroid problem, psychological factors, overweight or extreme weight loss, etc. The possibilities can be narrowed by means of several tests such as Ultrasound (USG) lower abdomen, LH / FSH level, blood estrogen & progesterone levels, thyroid profile, Blood sugar(PPBS) etc.

In this scenario, a gynecologist can help you in guide through the tests after a physical examination. So please consult with him/her if you get negative pregnancy test again.

In the mean time, the following measures can be helpful:
1) Avoid stress by yoga/deep breathing regularly (20-30 times).
2) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
3) Drink plenty of fluids/water and eat leafy vegetables.
4) Maintain personal hygiene and need proper sleeping.
5) Control body weight by regular light exercise.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future.

Dr Soumen.
Follow-up: Getting irregular and delayed period. Pregnancy test negative. Could I be pregnant? 25 minutes later
So is it life threatening
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
No, it is not life threatening at all. But if it persists for long time,then it may cause problems in conceiving in future.
So please undergo the above said investigation one by one to pin point a diagnosis and take suggestive measures accordingly.
Hope that helps
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Take care of yourself.
Dr Soumen