Getting insecure, aggressive, touchy and cranky. How to control these feeling?

I do not know what wrong with me. Im getting very insecured, very aggressive, very touchy and very cranky.....I am a divorcee and after a lot of time have now met someone but I seem to be screwing my relationship with these feelongs. I want to make him and his family happy but something inside me always screws up. I have become very emotionally insecure. And I think very touchy and react immediately without thinking of the impact. Need help to manage my feelings and behaviour
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 21 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description, you have stated that you had a bad relationship experience which has resulted in a divorce. You have not mentioned how long it has been buti suppose it would be around 2-3 years. Generally after an unsuccessful relationship, one become anxious about any upcoming relationship. Now every body has their own capacity to deal with this anxiety. If it is in excess, then it results in impaired behaviour and distress while dealing with the relationship. You should XXXXXXX a psychologist who is an expert in cognitive behavioural therapy. She or he will try to address your anxious thoughts by challenging them and then changing them so that you can see the world in a better perspective. Automatically your behaviour will also change as ones behaviour is always a result of ones thoughts.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
In case if you need any further clarification, i will be more than happy to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Getting insecure, aggressive, touchy and cranky. How to control these feeling? 10 minutes later
Would you suggest some good lady psychologist in Mumbai.. I thought probably I would need a psychiatrist.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Thanks for the follow-up query.
There are many good psychiatrists in Mumbai. Dr. Vihang Vahia working in Breach Kandy and Lilavati is a very good psychiatrist. I don't know the name of any good psychologist in Mumbai, but if you approach a psychiatrist first, they will surely treat you along with a psychologist. ones you see a psychiatrist, he himself may be in a better position to refer you to a proper psychologist. Dr Sanjoy XXXXXXX is also a good psychologist WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I am able to help you.