Getting hot and sweaty all the time, head spins, have high pulse rate during exercise. Cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hi, i am a 23 year old female, and lately i seem to be overly hot and sweaty all the time, even when everyone around me is cold. im 55kg so am not overweight.. i eat pretty well and drink water. Im also tired alot, i have a really high pulse when i exercise.... the last few days i have been getting strange headspins... im also very itchy lately.... i dont know what any of this means?! the only medication i am on is the pill (which i have been for 7 years), and lovan (which i have been for about 8 months)
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
According to your description the possible causes for your problem are:
-Thyroid abnormality
-Fluctuation in the cortisol levels
-Disturbance in the liver function due to prolonged usage of pill
-Side effects of the fluoxetine (lovan).

So, you once consult physician, go for general examination and blood tests for:
Thyroid profile
Cortisol levels
Liver function tests
Hemoglobin level

With this primary workup the possible cause for your problem could be made-out and treatment can be given accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Getting hot and sweaty all the time, head spins, have high pulse rate during exercise. Cure? 1 hour later
thank you, i will look into this,

i did a google search of symptoms, and diabetes hass come up. could this be possible also? i have been getting strange head spins and blurred vision, every now and then i get bad stomach pains and headaches.. even when i wake up. also im not sure if this is strange but when im hungry i cannot concentrate at all and im dizzy and irritable.. it normally comes out of nowhere.

do these things match up with ur previous suggestions?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later
According to your age diabetes is somewhat less possibility. But if you are having any family history you can go for RBS testing once.
The conditions I mentioned can present with generalized symptoms involving many systems of the body.
So possibly after getting investigated for them the cause of your problem can be identified.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.