Getting high temperature in day time. What should I do?

Hello, it is about three weeks (maybe more) that my body temperature during the day is between 98.8 and 99 degrees, I am normally 97.8. The temperature is back to normal at night. Went to the doctor, checked my heart, lungs, blood and urine, talked to my gastroenterologist, everything is normal. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 20 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
It is a bit unusual. Normally, the temperature is slightly higher in the evening - a change of body's usual rhythm. The rise is small - but the duration is long (3 weeks). There are a few theoretical possibilities - but it is difficult even to guess at this stage - there are no clues, whatever.
You have already seen a doctor and everything was normal...
You need not do anything now - but you NEED CONTINUED OBSERVATION. It may disappear by itself or some pointers may show up. Keep in touch with your Internist. You may have to repeat the tests or do a battery of new investigations.

Wishing you speedy recovery
Good luck