Getting heat and pimples on body parts. Reduces after drinking coconut water. Is there any remedy?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I am 27 years old from bangalore, my body is getting heat and getting pimples mostly near nose and other parts of face , some times i get on chest, hand & thighs etc.

But if i drink cocount water every day , it reduces pimples in the face & body. Is there any alternative for this , because drinking cocount water everyday is diffcult.

I will doing gym on all weekdays for 1-2 hrs.
I am eating 2 roti in the nights for diet.

Please some other remedies or medicine to decrease the heat.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your question.

Your pimples are not only due to heat but also due to over activity of your hormones and sebaceous glands of your skin due to these hormones. If you are using some other drugs like steroids and others and topical applications of creams, those may also cause aggravation of your pimples. If you are on any other drugs try to withdraw the same with the help of your treating physician.

I am not sure of home remedies, but application of Clindamycycin or other acne preparations along with Doxycycline or Azithromycins will help you to get relieved from this menace.

You mentioned about drinking of tender coconut helps you better. Considering that, I suggest you to consume any type of fluids, even water. I expect you to feel better with 3 litres per day and lot of vegetables, greens and fruits. They will help you to avoid constipation which is another factor aggravates the situation.

Try to avoid foods containing butter, cheese, vanaspathy, and ghee.

If you have the problem persisting consult your dermatologist. They will help you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Get well soon

Dr S.Murugan