Getting headaches and feeling unconsciousness. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013

My husband often gets headaches, but right now he has one that he says feels really different. The pressure seems to be on the part of his brain that controls consciousness. He said when he focuses on it, it almost feels like he is in a dream state. He said it feels like he could go unconscious if it gets worse. I want to know if this should be a concern or not.
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Headaches are common problems, and the commonest reason for long duration headaches is migraine. Typically, the different episodes of headache in a person with migraine should be similar.
Here, in this case, since the character of headache has changed, one needs to be cautious.
Please watch for any warning symptoms, which could suggest a serious problem inside the brain such as:
Recurrent vomiting,
double vision,
altered consciousness,
severe dizziness,
diminished vision,
imbalance while walking,
weakness or numbness on one side of the body.
If your husband notices any of these symptoms, please show to the doctor, and get a CT scan of brain done.
If these symptoms are absent, then, need not worry. You can use analgesics such as diclofenac.
I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist