Getting headache, nausea and burping due to increased acidity. Should I be worried?

Question
I have a headache on the left hand side of my head and some nausea and some burping the head is on top of my left eye on the forehead side. should I be worried. I might add that I have been studying for about 2 weeks straight on my computer
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The symptoms you have are seen in stressful periods. Headache, nausea and burping due to increased acidity are typical.

The frontal headache sometimes can be due to vascular cause which is a common presentation in stress.

All you need is to relax. Do practice mind relaxation exercises like Yoga and Meditation.
Do have adequate sleep and avoid taking coffee or other acidity inducing agents.

Do consume ample amount of water, take antacids like PEPTO or GELUSIL to counteract the effects of increased acidity.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Getting headache, nausea and burping due to increased acidity. Should I be worried? 10 hours later
so I shouldn't be worried its not a tumor.
did I mention that im studying which has made stay up late on the compute.
and I ggav up smoking but have taken up e-cigarett.
doyo think that stastaying up late o the computer could be the cause for ny headach?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, there is no need to worry as the symptoms you have do not appear to be due to any serious condition.

Yes, your headache could be due to inadequate sleep and stress secondary to that. As I advised do follow mind relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.