Getting headache during a bowel movement. Should I consult a doctor?

I had the most horrible head pain during a bowel movement. It radiated from the back of my neck up into the back and bottom of my head. It's the worst pain I've ever felt in my head. I wasn't constipated. It was just the opposite. it was a very loose stool. What caused this and should I seek medical attention? At first I thought it might be a stroke. I went through the steps of smiling, raising my arms over my head and looking at my face to make sure there was no drooping. Everything seemed to be fine in that area.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

In view of your age and the worst headache that you had, I suggest you to undergo a neurological assessment by a local physician. The physical examination will help us guide you better. In view of the age, I feel that you should have MRI scan pf the brain and spine to rule out any problem in these ares causing severe headache an if there are chances of relapse.

Hope this helps

Let me know if you have any other concern