Getting headache, dizziness, diarrhea, feeling bloated and increased heart rate. Do I have IBS?

my stomach is bloated, I am dizzy, I have a headache, every time I have a bm it is diarehia. Last night I was in a lot of pain and it felt like my stomach was being twisted. It was better today but occasionally I feel my heart rate increase. I was not hungry at all today feeling full and like my whole digestive system is inflamed. The possibility of ibs has been mentioned but I do not have health insurance and can't afford a doctor, any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 13 hours later

I am sorry to hear about your lack of health insurance coverage. You mentioned about IBS. It is possible that you might have Irritable Bowel syndrome, diarrhea predominant. Abdominal pain, bloating is certainly part of it. It is important to find out if any of your family members had been diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease such as Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's disease. We have to rule that out at your age. Other conditions such as Celiac disease and lactose intolerance also must be considered. If your symptoms get worse with wheat, Rye or Barley products, anything containing gluten, you may have celiac. There are blood tests to rule this out. If milk and milk products give
you more gas and diarrhea, you may have lactose intolerance and you need lactaid supplements. This can also be diagnosed by a breath test. You have to make sure that you don't have hidden blood in the stool, by stool test. If you are in an area where parasitic conditions are present, you need stool tests for ova and parasites. After all these have been ruled out, then we can safely say you have IBS.

I want you to enquire around and find out if there is a "Medical Clinic XXXXXXX usually a free clinic, may be run by a church or another organization. These clinics are staffed by volunteer experienced physicians and nurses. They have lab facilities available also. Sometimes for a small donation
or personal service, they may be willing to help you with your medical issues. Some of the clinics have free drugs to dispense. You can try taking Imodium or Imodium Plus once or twice a day to see
if that controls your diarrhea and cramping.

Try to relax as much as possible through listening to soft music or taking walks early in the morning etc.

Hope this helps you.
I wish you the very best.