Getting headache, dizziness and confused after dying hair. Related to hair dyes?

Question
I dyed my hair for the first time a few hours ago and now I feel very dizzy and confused. My boyfriend says I am a bit delirious, he too is having mild headaches but not experiencing the dizziness. Is this directly related to the hair XXXXXXX and if so what should I do? I am tired as it is after midnight is it ok for me to sleep. Thanks
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 28 minutes later
Hi, thanks of using healthcare magic

Hair dyes are chemicals and like any chemical can provoke a possible reaction in some persons , though others may have no issues with them.

The most common complication is an allergic reaction- this would normally present with itching, swelling, difficulty breathing or rash.
It is also associated with worsening asthma and in rare cases , after long term use- the possibility of cancer.

It is very possible that the reaction you and your boyfriend are experiencing is due to the XXXXXXX
You can consider the use of an antihistamine if you have one available.

In terms of sleep, it should be ok, you can consider setting your alarm for a short period of time 1-2hr to see how feel then.
If no improvement then reassess yourself in another few hrs

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions