Getting headache, back pain, feeling tired and thirsty. Any medical cure for this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
tired and body aches My legs and lower back always hurt and I feel tired all the time I can't focus on anything I get pretty bad headaches always thirsty a lot of times I pee really dark color
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

You could be having migraines. If you are getting more than two episodes of headaches per month, then, you should start preventive treatments (to prevent recurrent headaches). These medicines include topiramate, divalproex, beta blockers, etc.

Now, for relief of headaches and pain, you can take diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets.

For back pain, physiotherapy including IFT/ultrasound would also be useful.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Getting headache, back pain, feeling tired and thirsty. Any medical cure for this? 21 minutes later
Yeah I've been doing all that. But why am I always thirsty and always peeing and lot of times when I pee its always a darker color it smells really bad as usually cloudy. And I've noticed lately my extremities fall asleep a lot easier.. I've had blood test taken every time they come back normal. I've been to my family physicians ,neurologist, psychiatrist and no 1 can figure me out I never get a straight answer of what's wrong with me I just know something is it right and me being tired and out of it all the time is taking a toll on me I just need some relief please

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 45 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

I can understand your discomfort on account of these symptoms.

Too much thirst and too much peeing can be because of diabetes or urine infection (which can be tested in blood and urine tests). If they are done, please upload these results for me to see.

Also, I need to know whether the thyroid tests and vitamin B12 tests (both blood tests) were done or not. As the nerve problem can result in leg sleeping, etc. Also, was a EMG) done to look at the nerve involvement in the extremities.

So, if you can send me the details of the tests done so far (exact values) or if you upload them, it would be helpful for me to give you more advice.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Getting headache, back pain, feeling tired and thirsty. Any medical cure for this? 3 days later
im going to get more blood work done friday which test should i get? i send them to you once I get em.. another thing is i have a bunch of little lumps underneath my skin in the groin area.. and my eyes are always dry.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Please get the following blood tests done:

Complete blood counts and blood picture
Thyroid profile
Serum vitamin B12 level
Serum vitamin D level
Fasting blood sugar
Fasting lipid profile.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM