Getting headache and tingling sensation in hands. Family history of diabetes. What's going on?

Nov 2013

The other day I was fine then that night I got a real bad headache, and I got tingling in my hands and through my right leg. I have diabetics in my family, I crack my neck every morning, and I did smoke for 5 years this all occured on the 8th day of my quiting smoking. Now I have a real bad headache that has persisted the past couple days
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.
Headaches are common, and are most often not due to any serious brain diseases. The commonest causes are migraine or tension headache, which are likely in your case too.
However, since you also had tingling of hands and right leg on one occasion earlier, one needs to exclude any XXXXXXX brain pathology, if the headache persists for long or if it recurs again. These causes could include less blood flow to brain, demyelination as in multiple sclerosis, etc.
As of now, you can take ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for pain relief.
I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any more queries.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurologist) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist