Getting headache and phobia. How to overcome this problem?

Nov 2013

I have kina phobia ,whenever i wear shirt or anything and it doesnt come fit ,i start getting tense headaches when i start thinking about it,how should i avoid this ?
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, let me reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious brain or mind disorder.

Regarding any phobia, it is important to realise that the concerns are not real and mostly exaggerated.

Also, it is useful to go through the fearful experience a number of times to get used to it, so that symptoms stop even when you are exposed to that same fearful experience.

Regarding medications, clonazepam at bedtime once daily, would be useful in treating your phobia.

I hope it helps. If you have any more queries, I would be pleased to answer.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist