Getting headache and gland behind ear is swollen with burning sensation. Feeling pressure, numbness in leg and vision problems. Advise?

Hi I have been getting headaches for a few weeks also the gland behind my left ear is swollen with a burning sensation, I get pain and pressure up and down my neck on the left side which feels like its linked to the gland ? Also i feel like pressure behind my left eye and my vision isn't very good since the onset of the headaches, I feel very tired and weak and my coordination is getting bad, I keep losing my balance am now starting to feel nauseous and various muscles are starting to ache, the main problem started 3 weeks ago with the neck pain and headaches but I am starting to get more and more symptoms ! Also last night I woke up for the toilet and my leg was completely numb and I couldn't use it atal a bit like pins and needles, I had to drag my leg in order to get to the toilet !
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Brain or ear infection, urgent care required

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

I have gone through your query and would like to ask if the numbness you experienced was in your left leg or right? Also, were all your symptoms experienced on one side of your body?

In my opinion, your symptoms could be related to an infection either of the brain or the ear (especially inner ear).

Infections of the brain can cause neck stiffness, headaches, loss of balance, vision abnormalities, circulation problems, and so on. All your symptoms can be associated with this particular kind, if this is indeed the problem, urgent care will be required. Also, your blood pressure and glycaemic profile will have to be checked.

Infections of the ear can result in headaches, itching within the ear, loss of balance (vertigo), and so on. Although not a complete match with your symptoms it can still be associated with your presentation.

It is my humble request to please visit a doctor at the earliest, preferably a neurologist. Till then take Vitamin B12 supplements one daily.

I hope this information helps. Do schedule an appointment at the earliest, and also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.