Getting headache. What does trivial mucosal thickening at posteromedial floor mean?

I just received my CT scan results on my brain due excessive headaches/migraines..Everything came back ok. Although, there is something on the report that i dont quite know what it means. It says, Trivial mucosal thickening at the posteromedial floor of the right maxillary antrum. Can you please explain what this is?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi welcome XXXXXXX, thanks for writing in.
Maxillary sinuses are air cavities is maxilla bone. It is internally lined by mucus membrane similarly to any other cavity in body. In your case there is minimal thickening if that mucosal lining.
Such finding is very non specific. It may seen in any individual . It may also associated with mild sinusitis. However it is never associated with severe headache or migraine.
In summary you have completely normal CT scan finding. No need to worry for the same. You need to consult your physician for management of severe headache or migraine.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.

Follow-up: Getting headache. What does trivial mucosal thickening at posteromedial floor mean? 4 minutes later
In terms of tension headaches, could this be the cause?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
Tension headache is never associated with mucosal thickening of sinuses. It is associated with other causes as
1.Stress: usually occurs in the afternoon after long stressful work hours or after an exam
2.Sleep deprivation
3.Uncomfortable stressful position and/or bad posture
4.Irregular meal time (hunger)
One half of patients with TTH identify stress or hunger as a precipitating factor.
I have mentioned the causes ,just to make you comfortable.

I think CT scan was done to rule out any other pathology associated with headache. It is routine evaluation method.

Hope I have addressed your query.