Getting headache. Not cured by panjon. Feeling dizzy, pain in neck. Should I go for check up?

Hello Doctor
I am being faced by head ache problem quiet frequently. Earlier I use to take medicine "PANJON" once in 3 months for the same but now the frequency has reduced to less than a month.
Also i am unable to figure out that the pain is in the complete head or in some part. but i feel it is the complete head..
I wear glasses for distance (glass no 3.5) and i am on laptop for almost 10 hrs daily as per my profession. Is that the reason..
-From lat 2-3 days i am constantly monitoring my blood pressure and it is 60/110,57/110 and so on.
-Sometimes i feel little dizzy also.. (recently)
- I feel pain in my neck as well, not so severe..
Please suggest should i go for a detail head check up (CT Scan / MRI).

Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 30 hours later

Thanks for the query

I understand your concern

Please note that headache can be due to many causes like migraine, tension headache, brain tumor/infection/bleed etc and so on. Treatment depends upon the cause.

Based upon the data that you have posted, I feel that you have either migraine or tension headache. These are the diagnoses of exclusion and you need a detailed evaluation by a neurologist which will include clinical interview and examination. This will help us decide the necessary investigations to pin point the cause of headache so that the treatment becomes easy.

If the examination and Scans are normal, you will benefit with anti-migraine treatment like amitriptiline, propranolol, valproate, topiramate along with regular food, sleep habit, avoidance of excess use of computers and so on.

Hope this helps
Please let me know if you have any other concern