Getting head pain and cloudy feeling in head when stressed. CT scan done. Could it be anxiety?

I recently went through a very traumatic even in the past year, I lost my sister at a young age and was the one who found her dead in her bed. Sine then I have been going full steam ahead with work and when I get stressed I find myself having a variety of symptoms. Sharp head pains, pain when going up the stairs ( sometimes) and a cloudy feeling in my head. However the pain does not last long and very much relieves itself when the situation is over or when I cry. i also feel as if I am confused and having trouble remembering things. I had a CT scan done in March because I was concerned and everythign came back normal. I am not awakened by headaches or have any nausea or vomiting or vision problems, balance problems etc.

I have suffered from GAD since I was 11 ( 31 now) and have been on and off zoloft and lexapro in that time. I am not currently taking anything.

My question is, could these symptoms be a result of anxiety, grief and stress, or should I seek further medical treatment?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

1 Your symptoms can be explained with anxiety and depression.

2 In view of persistence of symptoms which has effect on your normal functioning, I suggest you to have a consultation with psychiatrist.

3 One observation: Drugs such as Zolft and Lexapro are to be taken under guidance of your doctor only and on a continum basis and not as and when needed.

Follow-up: Getting head pain and cloudy feeling in head when stressed. CT scan done. Could it be anxiety? 11 minutes later
Do you think since I had a CT scan in March and everything was normal I should concentrate more on my mental health and stop focusing on the physical symptoms?

I only take the Zoloft and Lexapro under doctors care. I have not been on either drug since April 2011, before this traumatic experience happened.

Thank you for answering my questions.
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 9 hours later

Thanks for writing back

In all probability you need to concentrate on mental health as these symptoms appear to be related to anxiety and /or depression

I suggest you see a psychiatrist and a therapist. I am sure you'd be feeling much better very soon.
Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Dr. Pratap