Getting harsh chest pain. X-ray and EKG normal, problem in breathing. Had arm swelling after pain injection. Suggest?

out of the blue while siiting harsh chest pain. went to emergency had a chest and ekg came out ok. doctor aministered pain medicine and as soon as the needle despensed into my arm my middrift stung real bad and began to swell and turn red. the chest pain became shollow, but I still could not breth in deep without hurting. Than the leftside of my back became very painful. Please hep me.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be a pleuritic pain

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

From description you have given me it looks like you are suffering from a pleuritic chest pain.
There is a small lining around your lung called the pleura and sometimes either due to trauma or due to an infection it gets inflamed and causes a typical sharp shooting pain which increases on inspiration
I advice you to get a chest x XXXXXXX done and XXXXXXX a pulmonologist for further work up for the pain
For now please follow these advices

1. Avoid exercises and exertional activities
2. continue taking the pain medications prescribed to you
3. sleeping on the same side of the pain usually reduces the pain
4. watch out for fever and breathlessness

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me