Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting frequent urination without pain. What is causing this?

Hi I'm on holiday in greece and today I've had to urinate very often somtimes 10 minutes after I've been there's no pain what could this be?
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

There are two possible causes of your symptoms.

One possible cause is infection. urination. There's typically some pain with urination as well but not always.

Another possible cause would be elevation of your blood sugar. If you have any family history of diabetes it would be important that you have your blood sugar checked as soon as possible.

If this is some type of infection you can easily treat this with antibiotics. You can proceed to a local pharmacy where the pharmacist will discuss that with you. Otherwise you might go to a local clinic.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

Dr Robert
Follow-up: Getting frequent urination without pain. What is causing this? 2 days later
Everything seems fine now could this be that my blood sugars have levelled?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 15 hours later
Hello again and thank you for your follow-up.

While it is possible that your blood sugar might be back in a normal state it is important that you have this investigate to see what was contributing to your symptoms. I think a complete your analysis and metabolic panel should be performed just to make sure there's no underlying disorder. You can get this done it your convenience either at some point during your trip or when you return home.

Dr Robert