Getting frequent urination and feeling constipated. What should be done?

Dear Doctor

Please refer to following link. I have similar problems

When I had increase in urination frequency I consulted with a doctor and had a Ultrasound of Lower pelvis to check if it was due to prostate. Those results were normal. I took antibiotics Augemtin for 1 week. This source was complete a month back

I also had Uroflowmetry. The flow was on 18ml/sec and doctor said it was on lesser side there was some obstruction as the curve was broken in between. He put me on Urimax 0.4 mg for 30 days and suggested to do a uroflowmetry test again. It is one week now after this

Apart from this I have constipation problems and usually need to strain to clear bowel. Sometimes I am unable to clear bowel completely at the end.
For this I consulted a Gastroenterlogist and the Dr. said might be IBS and prescribed course of tablets, IBSET (2 weeks), Capsule VXL #3 (1 month). Normaxin (2 weeks). Peg Move. this course is complete one month back

Somtimes there is wetting in my inner wear

Apart from this I dont have any other health problems
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 18 hours later
Thanks for your query,

I have seen your symptom history and reports.
I want you to send me a scanned copy of your uroflowmetry and get a post prostatic massage urine exam done.
Your symptoms maybe due to an overactive bladder or due to an inflammatory condition in the prostate.
You would then be benefited by a course of alfablockers,anti-inflammatory,anti-cholinergics and sitz bath.
I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any further queries that you may have.
Dr Vineet Malhotra
Follow-up: Getting frequent urination and feeling constipated. What should be done? 28 hours later
Dear Doctor

thank you for the feedback. I have uploaded uroflowmetry report. Can you please let me know where I can get the post prostatic massage urine exam done. I am located in Bangalore.

I am a bit worried and as I can't express my problems. Anything I need to take care

Once again thanks for your kind guidance

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 4 hours later

I have seen your uroflowmetry which is normal.
You can consult a surgeon or local urologist who will do a rectal exam and you can give your urine for testing following that.
Please be assured that this is a treatable condition and not a cause for worry.
I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any follow-up query.
Dr Vineet Malhotra