Getting frequent headache and fatigued after pregnancy. Suggest some diet plan and medicine to get cured?

I am 35 years old. I had my second baby 1 year back. I have a stressful day with wok and two kids and get frequent headaches. I also feel fatigued most of the time.

1. Can you suggest if I should take some vitamin supplements/ revital etc to reduce fatigue.
2. Can you suggest a diet plan that will help me loose weight and remain healthy.

Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Constant tiredness and fatigue can be due to anemia,chronic fatigue syndrome,hypothyroidism, disorders of the hypothalamus,psychiatric disorders like depression and sleep-related breathing disorders.

You can have iron XXXXXXX foods like liver, lean red meats, beans like kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils, iron fortified whole grains, XXXXXXX vegetables like spinach, tofu, broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, chicken, nuts, egg yolk and dry fruits.

You can also have iron supplements along with these foods after consulting your hematologist. You can also take multivitamins like Revital or Reconia once daily.

The foods that you should eat more to lose weight are:

Eggs, beans, XXXXXXX tea, salads, fruits like pears, papayas, soups like chichken soup, lean meats, tofu, nuts, high fiber cereal, nuts like walnuts, oatmeal, brown rice and multigrain hot cereals. Also keep a strict watch on your calorie intake, change of diet completely to high fibre, high protein diet, drink plenty of water before and after meal which helps in proper digestion and prevent you from overeating and exercising (walking, cycling or swimming) to burn your extra calories and keep your heart healthy.

Regarding foods that you should avoid in order not to gain any weight are sugar containing foods like sweets, aerated drinks, chocolates, XXXXXXX and preserves, biscuits, cakes, canned fruit in syrup, fizzy drinks, processed foods, oily and fried foods, Red meat, butter, whole-fat cheese, Margarine (especially stick), cakes, pies, frostings and fried foods (i.e., French fries, fried chicken), hot dogs, cheese, tomato sauce, canned and dried soup, deli meat, frozen pizza, potato and pasta mixes and frozen dinners

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.