Getting frequent back pain and neck pain if the posture is not proper. What to do?

Spine Surgeon
Frequent back pain and neck pain if the posture is not proper or there is no back support.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 59 minutes later
The problem that you have is not an uncommon problem at age of 30. You must understand that humans evolved from quadrapeds(four footed animals). Unfortunately in this evolution to bipedal gait no extra strength to spine came. As a consequence human spine starts degenerating from an early age of 20. Put in simpler words, spine ages much earlier than rest of human body due to bipedal gait. It is a famous saying ``degenerative disorders of spine is actually a price paid by human race for walking erect``. Beyond age of 30 ,it is rare to find a human spine that shows no signs of degeneration.
So therefore, you must sit with spine supported and strictly avoid bending forward. You may do neck and back extension exercises to strengthen the these muscles.
I hope I have clarified your concerns. Let me know if you have any more questions