Getting foot pain. Not cured by flexon. MRI showed edema in bone marrow. Right medication?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i had pain since 20 days after a long drive on a manual drive car,,i showed it initialy to a doc ,was given pain killer and rest ,, no relief obtained ,i went on a holiday for 10 days ,kept taking flexon and did lot of walki g since on holiday ,,, came back on monday and again went to an ortho ,igot mri done which shows marrow bone edemafoot.doc has put me on antibiotics for 5 days ,and bed rest ,i am scareddoc says i may have to be on antibiotics for a month
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Most causes of edema in bone marrow are related to an injury to the bone or the surrounding area. This can include fractures, bruises, and torn tissue. These injuries generally heal with proper treatment, and fluid buildup typically decreases gradually as the bone heals.It may also be caused by osteoarthritis and other joint disorders
In your case it seems to be due to bone brusing or inflammation of synovial membrane.
Treatments generally include anti-inflammatory medications, pain relievers, and additional medications targeted at the underlying cause of edema.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Follow-up: Getting foot pain. Not cured by flexon. MRI showed edema in bone marrow. Right medication? 3 minutes later
But I have been given antibiotics for 5 days and doctor says its cellulitis @ forum foot and not supposed to even get up , this is terrible
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again

If on clinical examination of your foot, there is redness, tenderness(pain on pressing it) and increased temperature over swelling,there might be possibilty of cellulitis of foot. It means infection of foot so you need a course of antibiotic as suggested by your doctor to clear out the infection.

I hope that clears your doubts.
Let me know if you need further assistance

Wishing you speedy recovery
Follow-up: Getting foot pain. Not cured by flexon. MRI showed edema in bone marrow. Right medication? 4 minutes later
can i walk aound the house ,swelling is not there any more
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 14 minutes later

You can walk around the house but not too much. Give rest to your foot as much you can give. It helps in reducing the symptoms.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.